Attendees will learn strategies to smoothly transition patients across healthcare settings by examining successful transitional care models. The target audience for this mini-conference includes nurses, nurse managers, nurse executives, and all working to improve care transitions.
- Introduction to Transitional Care
- Assessing Transitional Care with Hospitalizations
- Using Telehealth to Address Gaps in Transitional Care
- Nurse Leader's Role in Care Transitions
- Interprofessional Collaborative Practice Model
- Panel Discussion: Challenges and Opportunities in Transitional Care
- Understand the importance of addressing transitional care in acute care and ambulatory settings
- Define various roles in care transition continuum development
- Identify key facilitators and barriers to care transitions in your environment
- This event been approved for 5.8 ABN and 4.83 ANCC CEUs.
- Please bring your ABON card to swipe at the end of the mini-con.
- Registration includes refreshments, lunch, and parking.
UAB Hospital's Center for Nursing Excellence is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama Board of Nursing (Provider No: ABNP0055, Expiration Date: June 1, 2021). UAB Hospital's Center for Nursing Excellence is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The Alabama State Nurses Association, and accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (Provider No: 5-69, Expiration Date: July 6, 2020).