Course DescriptionCourse presents fundamental concepts of system safety, including the basics of hazard identification and risk assessment. The interplay between organizational culture and error provocative environments is explored. The business case for VPP is established with a study of the true cost of a disaster. The importance of developing a safety management system, including annual planning, goals & objectives is covered.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Understand VPP history, philosophy, principles and guidelines.
- Understand basic concepts of: safety, system safety, hazards, risk, and acceptable risk.
- Understand system safety management plans and how to develop and implement them.
- Be able to identify “Error Provocative Environments.”
- Understand how to identify parameters for inclusion in a hazard analysis.
- Understand how to extend a hazard analysis into a risk assessment.
- Understand the basics of business impact analysis.
- Understand the four key elements of a realistic business impact analysis.
- Be knowledgeable of the 19 Sub-Elements of VPP.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- VPP On-Demand Safety Certificate Program : VPP On-Demand Safety Certificate