Course DescriptionThe critically important subject of leadership and organizational culture includes a discussion of management, labor and collective bargaining. The role of visionary leadership in transformational change is covered with particular focus on identifying early signs of "drift into danger." Other topics of inquiry include authority, employee engagement and line accountability. Contractor management, emergency program planning and employee training are discussed.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Define Resilience Engineering and understand the relevance of resilience engineering in leading through climates of change.
- Understand the differences between management and leadership and understand demonstrated management leadership as it pertains to VPP.
- Identify the eight common organizational mistakes in implementing transformational change and be aware of Kotter’s 8-stage process for successful large-scale change.
- Critically analyze the feasibility of a “Vision Zero” concept for safety and execute the safety and health planning and managing process.
- Understand why vision is so very important in leading through change and identify key ingredients in transformational visions.
- Understand the elements of an effective Annual Safety and Health Program Evaluation.
- Understand the concept of Employee Involvement and methods to meaningfully involve employees in the Safety and Health Management System.
- Define Business Continuity Management and identify the 8 stages of a practical approach to BCM.
- Identify methods of maintaining business continuity plans with a focus on how to keep them current.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- VPP On-Demand Safety Certificate Program : VPP On-Demand Safety Certificate