Course DescriptionFundamental concepts of hazard identification and control are explored within the context of best practices "Hierarchy of Control" and the concept of acceptable risk. Two hazard analysis techniques are covered: preliminary hazard analysis (PHA) and health hazard analysis (HHA). A primer on process safety is provided, including preventive and predictive maintenance.
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Review the system safety process with particular focus on the engineering development model
- Explore the hazard-mishap relationship utilizing the “Hazard Triangle” and the application of the Hierarchy of Controls
- Discuss the interplay between human errors and engineering controls.
- Review Haddon’s Principles as they relate the to the control of hazardous energy
- Understand the interplay between the Hierarchy of Controls and Haddon’s Checklist
- Identify the seven basic hazard analysis types and the concept of “Hazard Filters” and Identify the major techniques associated with each of the seven hazard analysis types
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- VPP On-Demand Safety Certificate Program : VPP On-Demand Safety Certificate