Course DescriptionCourse explores the effect of acoustics and vibration on the human body and basic ergonomics. Best practices in occupational health care, supervisor and manager training, as well as, line employee and PPE training are discussed. Training needs analyses are addressed within the context of program development and delivery plan.
At the conclusion of this course, students will:
- Understand the objectives and goals of Advanced Safety and Health Training.
- Understand the sound pathway and the mechanics of how humans hear sound.
- Understand human tolerance levels to external noise and the aspects of noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL).
- Understand how to effectively evaluate and develop the training elements of a Safety and Health Training Program.
- Learn basic physics concepts of oscillatory motion and its effects on the human body.
- Understand the application of the Hierarchy of Controls in addressing vibration related issues.
- Understand the effectiveness of various training delivery methods and how to select the most effective training solutions.
- Understand the concept of a “Message Map.”
- Learn Connecting Principles and how those principles may be utilized when communicating with groups or presenting to an audience.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- VPP On-Demand Safety Certificate Program : VPP On-Demand Safety Certificate