Our instructor-led training is delivered with content to ensure it’s up to the highest quality and standards. You will learn from engaging instructors who have a wealth of project management experience. This course is designed to teach you how project management can help you succeed in the modern-day using the most proven and trusted practices in project management. You will learn industry tools and tips that you can be put into practice immediately.
COURSE LENGTH: 4 Thursday evenings (available Summer and Fall 2024) OR 4 Friday mornings (available Winter and Fall 2024)
DURATION: 3.5 hours
CLASS SIZE: Under 30 students
EFFORT: 6-8 hours per week outside of class
FORMAT: Live online with eLearning Management System
MODEL: Instructor-led with group discussions and interactive exercises
- UAB employee/student, veteran or company with 3 or more students in the same class. Use discount code: to save $400
- Early Bird Registration: 20% discount if you register at least 30 days before the first day of class. (Use discount code EARLYBIRD20)
- Early Bird for UAB, Vet, 3+ Company: Discount price PLUS 20% discounts if you register 30 days before first class: use discount code PMEARLYBLAZER and have your ID for the first class
Deadline: Enrollment is open until 7 days prior to the first day of class OR until the class is full. Most classes fill prior to the close date. If it is within the 7-day window, contact the Collat School of Business to check availability.
Upskilling Scholarship: Apply online here
Who Should Enroll:
Professionals seeking a career change
Leaders and Managers wanting to learn best practices to implement at work
Experienced project managers looking for formal training to certify their skills
Project managers seeking training and contact hours to sit for the PMI® PMP® exam
Project managers, stakeholders and team members who want to improve project outcomes with proven methodologies
Many projects, even at successful companies, tend to go over budget and take longer than projected—even with formal training, specialized tools and automated software. This course in project management teaches proven strategies and practical, hands-on tools to drive successful project outcomes. You’ll learn techniques on scoping projects effectively, maximizing schedules, allocating resources, and getting projects done on time and within budget. Processes covered within the project management certificate program include agile methodologies and earned value management (EVM).
- This program provides the education requirements needed to sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® or the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification exams though this course is not designed to be a test prep session. Students looking for more information on how to prepare for the test itself are encouraged to bundle this course with our PMP Test Prep course which gets into the mindset of the exam and reviews potential test questions in detail.
- Earning a PMP can provide a significant advantage when it comes to salary and earning potential. Among survey respondents to PMI’s Earning Power Salary Survey, those with a PMP certification garner a higher salary (20% higher on average) than those without a PMP certification.
- The Certification Magazine's annual survey reports that project managers with a PMP certification earn an average base salary of $141,630
What You Will Learn:
Apply fundamental project management principles, theories, and practices, including the basic concepts described in the most current version of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), published by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®
Learn how project management is intertwined with people, processes and the business environment
Use project management tools and techniques that are effective in successfully managing projects
Did You Know?
- 92% of US companies offer some form of tuition assistance.
- Only 5% of employees use the funding allocated for professional education.
- Ask your boss or HR department if your company pays for some or part of professional courses.
- Download the FREE Professional Education Letter, customize it for your supervisor, and ask your boss in your next meeting.
Project Management Institute: 35 PDUs-Technical
Contact Us! We would love to answer your questions!
UAB Collat School of Business
Program Manager II - Professional Education
Cori Perdue, PhD.
UAB Collat School of Business
Director of Professional Education
"I just wanted you to know that I earned my PMP certification last Friday. You provided a great course which helped prepare me for the exam tremendously, so thank you!" - Stephanie Millard, past participant.
"Immediately this class gave me tools and techniques to apply everyday in my job that I never knew about. I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone who is thinking about Project Management as a career or needs more information to help them in their current role." - Jimmy Neely, past participant
"This course helped launch me into a new career, new opportunities, and a new way of life." past participant.
"I have managed projects for years and this class gave me a global standard to apply to present and future projects. Very practical and a lot of fun." past participant.