OVPRED 500 - Zebrafish Husbandry Education Online Course
Offered as an asynchronous course, and based on curriculum developed and peer-reviewed by the Zebrafish Husbandry Education Team of the Zebrafish Husbandry Association (ZHA), this course is designed to teach husbandry, facilities management, and basic animal health care for zebrafish used in biomedical research. Animal husbandry technicians, animal facility administrators, veterinarians, researchers and others with an interest in zebrafish husbandry will benefit from this 15-week course.
The course includes presentations, quizzes, and case-studies focused on biology and physiology of zebrafish, how to achieve and maintain optimal water quality, aquatic systems and filtration, spawning and larviculture, nutrition, feeding, and live feeds, diseases, regulations, facilities design, emergency procedures, and more. At completion of this course, the student should be well versed in modern zebrafish husbandry for the biomedical setting.
- Up-to-date curriculum created and reviewed by leaders in zebrafish husbandry, aquaculture, laboratory animal science, and veterinary sciences
- Coursework available on any computer or mobile device with an internet connection (Canvas based)
- Each video session will be online for 3 weeks to accommodate time differences
- Two new sessions come online each week
- Each session includes PDF notes and a transcript to assist in learning
- Each session is followed by an online quiz
- A score of at least 80% on all quizzes, and the completion of a course evaluation earns each participant a Certificate of Completion
This course offers 6 hours of continuing education credit through UAB.
For More Information Contact:
Mr. Erik Sanders at email@example.com
Dr. Hugh Hammer at HSH30@pitt.edu
Mr. Ryan Centini at firstname.lastname@example.org