This is an online course developed by the Zebrafish Husbandry Education Team of the Zebrafish Husbandry Association (ZHA) to teach state of the art husbandry for zebrafish used in research. The 15 week course was designed for technicians, scientists, animal facility administrators, veterinarians, & others working with zebrafish in research. The course includes presentations organized into 6 modules: Introduction to Zebrafish, Water Quality, Systems and Filtration, Colony Management and Nutrition, Diseases, and Regulatory Compliance/Facilities Design. At completion of this course, the student should be well versed in modern zebrafish husbandry for the biomedical setting.
- Up-to-date curriculum created and reviewed by leaders in zebrafish husbandry, aquaculture, laboratory animal science, and veterinary sciences
- Coursework available on any computer or mobile device with an internet connection
- Each video session will be online for 3 weeks to accommodate time differences
- Two new sessions come online each week
- Each session includes PDF notes and a transcript to assist in learning
- Each session is followed by an online quiz
- Achieving a score of at least 80% on all quizzes and completion of a course evaluation results in a Certificate of Completion
- Content includes information on: Basic Fish Biology; Introduction to Zebrafish; Introduction to Water Quality; Making Water; Temperature; pH; Salinity; Alkalinity, and Hardness; Dissolved Gases; Nitrogenous Wastes; Mechanical Filtration; Biological Filtration; UV Sterilizers; Maintenance and Troubleshooting; Emergency Procedures and Preparation; Spawning Techniques; Larviculture; Zebrafish Nutrition; Production of Live Feeds; Cleaning and Disinfection; Prevention of Disease; Procedures for Quarantine; Introduction to Disease and Non-infectious Diseases; Nonbacterial Infectious Diseases; Bacterial Infectious Diseases; Anesthesia and Euthanasia; Aquatic Facilities Design; IACUC for Zebrafish Facilities; and Regulatory Oversight.
- This course offers 6 hours of continuing education credit.
For More Information Contact: