This course is a blended course made up of 2 hours of online instruction and 4 hours of in person practice teaching and coaching with expert feedback. The goal of the Train the Trainer course is to prepare individuals to facilitate Awareness and Operations level courses at their own institution.
- Adult learning principles
- Presentation skills and feedback
- Define learning
- Explain the difference between directed learning and facilitated learning (i.e., pedagogy vs andragogy)
- Describe the four types of facilitated learning
- List five ways to promote an effective learning environment
- List 3 key components to effectively introducing your course
- Describe the proper use of instructor presence and barriers in the classroom setting
- Demonstrate how to gauge student response to your presentation
- List 4 key components to effective public speaking
- Describe 4 strategies for giving effective feedback
CEU: Nurses and Social Workers Pending
Specific demographic data will be collected during the registration process. To avoid entering information twice, once your name, mailing address, phone number and email address have been confirmed, you may skip to the bottom of the profile page to continue.